Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Preference on Blogs or Autobiographies:
After reading both blogs and autobiographies I think it is safe to say that they both helped me better understand the prompt and how to format my paper. With that being said, I personally like the autobiographies better. I liked it because they made me feel like I was a part of the story. I felt connected to what they were saying. Even though I personally didn't relate to either Malcolm X's or Mike Rose's specific story I saw their viewpoint. The imagery used made me understand. For example, when Malcolm X mentioned reading in the dark with just a sliver of light. It instantly put a picture in my head and I could picture what he was saying. Or when Mike Rose described his classmates, it let me think of how I had had a classmate like that at leas in one of my classes. The description in the autobiographies are what made them. That was their hook. Where the blog was about how it was easy going and not as serious. I found the autobiographies gave me more understanding of what education is and how what it means, compared to in blogs where this was their point and that was it. The autobiographies benefited me as a writer to understand the detail and examples I should provide. The blogs showed me how I can be short but to the point and that I don't need to drag one. But both showed me that no matter what it should be entertaining and that is what both the blogs and the autobiographies provided, entertainment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment