Who?
I learned what I wanted to do.
What?
I learned I wanted to become a elementary teacher.
Where?
It happened volunteering at a local elementary school.
When?
My senior year-2013
From January '13 to Present
Why?
For a senior project I needed to volunteer to a Non-Profit and I decided that I wanted to help out my old elementary school and one of my old teachers. The reason I picked a particular teacher was because I loved her class and I enjoy the grade she teaches.
How?
The process was meeting with the teacher, getting permission, and having her know what I was doing. The outcome was me discovering what I was actually passionate about and something I could see myself doing in the future. I learned how to connect with the kids and see how much they enjoyed me coming in and working with them. Not only did I discover something about myself, but I also discovered how much time and effort goes into teaching and how you have to be passionate about it to grasp your students attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment