Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"How I Learned to Program Computers" VS. "How I Learned to Live Google Free"

After reading, "How I Learned to Program Computers" and "How I Learned to Live Google Free" it helped me think of how education doesn't boil down to just one thing. That to learn a skill you don't have to learn it just in school. Both of these essays prove that. I enjoyed reading, "How I Learned to Program Computers" the best because it was a self taught skill. I admire people who can teach themselves how to do things. It also showed me a wider variety of items I can discuss for my paper. That education isn't just one thing. Education is in everything we do. That no matter where we are we are always learning something. It may be something we already knew, but it builds off of the knowledge that we already have established. I also enjoyed how even though his essay was about a specific topic that I  had no interest in it was still entertaining. It suited a wide variety of audience. This is important to keep in mind as a writer. You want your essay to be relatable in some sense to a diverse group of people.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I have no clue how to program a computer but the essay totally drew me in and kept me entertained.

    ReplyDelete