Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Outline For Paper #3

The WHAT?
     Finding yourself in a volunteering setting (learning who and what you want/are) where a typical school setting can't always focus on the individual.

The WHO?
     Students

The WHY and WHAT?
      Not to overlook things in life and go in with a negative attitude. Follow what you want to do. (finding yourself)

      They will learn that there is a lot more to learn then just in a classroom. Learning something that they otherwise may have never figured out.

REASONS TO AGREE:

#1 Provides self-moving

#2 Provides you with a drive( something that makes you want to succeed/fight for)

#3 Gives you something to look forward to and pursue (hope)

REASONS THEY WON'T AGREE:

#1 They think that they know enough about themselves and that they don't need to know more.

#2 Happy with way things are and don't want change.

#3 Strongly believe that volunteering can't have a bigger impact than a traditional school setting does.

OBJECTIONS:

#1 There is something new you can find out about yourself.

#2 Change isn't always good but can help push you in the right direction.

#3 Volunteering can change a person.

SUPPORT:

#1 Thinking you know what you want to do, but realize that you want to do something else. Allows you to help shape yourself for a new want.

#2 Changing your plans may not always be what you want. Like going to community college rather than a 4-year or changing your degree from Nursing to Education. Saves you in the long run. Teaches you things about yourself.

#3 Volunteering has changed me. I was doubter. I thought I wouldn't learn anything. I was doing it to to fulfill a requirement rather than wanting to do it for myself. After the experience I have discovered a new passion, a fight for education that I once didn't appreciate. I know do it because I love doing it. It gives you a new meaning and a way to look at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment